Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

HP Pavilion 14-b010us 14-Inch Discounts

Winter Is Coming (Washington DC) :
It says on the laptop sticker that the HP ProtectSmart feature "keeps data safe in case of a drop". I had a headphone with a really long wire which I trampled on twice, and the computer dropped from about 3 feet onto hard tile...and it was like nothing happened at all. Literally nothing happened. I once dropped a Coke bottle on my old Toshiba, and the hard drive instantly wiped. So don't think that the small slim look makes it fragile...the HP ProtectSmart feature most definitely works. I'm not a clumsy person--those were, in fact, the only three instances of dropping the computer or dropping something on it. But when it happened, I was glad the ProtectSmart feature worked.

Bg (Clayton, NC USA) :
Has anyone tried activating WiDi on this machine? According to Intel's website, the 2nd gen i3-2377M processor is Wireless Display capable. If you Google 'WiDi windows 8' there are instructions on Intel's site for activating it on Windows 8 machines, but the display drivers apparently aren't validated for whatever Windows 8 build HP puts on these machines. I also tried putting a Samsung 840 ssd in it (which is really fun tearing the whole thing apart to do) and I get an OS boot error when it tries to load Windows 8. I don't know if the drive cloning software samsung provides is awful, or if it's because I can't switch from RAID to AHCI because the BIOS on this HP machine is InsydeH20, which gives you the ability to change basically nothing. I guess you get what you pay for.

Anda3219 (Trinidad, WI) :
Bought this for general office work and web surfing. I've been using it for two months with no problems to date. Connectivity is good, battery life is as it says - up to four hours but I don't really use it for that long per day so its no problem. I can't see why other reviewers are complaining about the battery life since it is exactly as advertised. The only reason I took off one star is because of a lack of DVD drive - I know its a small laptop but I previously owned a Dell XPS 14" which did come with a DVD drive, so thats something HP should work on. But otherwise it does the job it was bought for perfectly.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét